A Flat In Town Ltd is committed to ensuring the secure and safe management of data held by us in relation to customers, staff and other individuals. Our staff members have a responsibility to ensure compliance with the terms of this policy, and to manage individuals’ data in accordance with the procedures outlined in this policy and documentation referred to herein.
We need to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers (tenants, landlord clients etc.), employees and other individuals that we have a contractual relationship with. We manage a significant amount of data, from a variety of sources. This data contains “personal data” and “sensitive personal data” (known as “special categories of personal data” under the GDPR).
It is a legal requirement that we process data correctly; we must collect, handle and store personal information in accordance with the relevant legislation.
The relevant legislation in relation to the processing of data is:
- the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the GDPR);
- the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (as may be amended by the proposed Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications); and
- any legislation that, in respect of the United Kingdom (UK), replaces, or enacts into UK domestic law, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the proposed Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications or any other law relating to data protection, the processing of personal data and privacy as a consequence of the UK leaving the European Union
Information That We Collect From You
We collect information about you:
- when you register with us, request services or otherwise provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, email address etc);
- from your usage of the site and any other information you post on the site, email or otherwise send to us;
- our site collects your domain name but not your email address when you are browsing on the site.
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of the obligations, objects and operations of A Flat in Town Limited.
We may use your personal information to contact you by email, post, telephone or fax for the above purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted by any of these means then please let us know.
Disclosure of Personal Information
A Flat in Town Limited will also disclose your personal information when dealing with other organisations and companies on your behalf in relation to properties, for example, utility companies. In addition, A Flat in Town Limited shall pass your personal information as appropriate to local authorities for council tax purposes.
At times, we may be required by law or legal process to disclose your personal information.
How Do We Protect your Personal Information?
A Flat in Town Limited safeguards the security of the personal information which you send to us with physical, electronic and managerial procedures. We encourage you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are using the internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of your personal information then please contact:A Flat In Town
36 East Claremont Street
Tel: +44 (0)131 6527393
Fax: +44 (0)131 6527392